Listing #457110 Listed on: 10/06
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|WB Powell is currently seeking candidates to join our team and support our Corona, CA facility as a Drafter. This position is responsible for interpreting architectural and interior design drawings and applying that information to create 2D shop drawings noting additional details based upon customer specifications and materials using AutoCAD. The incumbent will be required to make changes or updates to CAD shop drawings for production after initial approval while incorporating knowledge of shop construction techniques and field dimensions related to casework, millwork, countertops and cabinetry. This incumbent will work within a multi-functional team to review job requirements, manage changes in drawings and additions in order to create a clearly defined path of construction for shop.|
Interested in learning more and/or applying? Take a look at the full position description and apply http://www.wbpowell.com/careers/. All applicants must apply on the website. Refer to the Drafter position to complete an application.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Provides technical support through drafting and detailing services for WB Powell’s customers including architects and/or designers with their millwork/casework product requests:
• Assists in the layout design and specified materials to use to best fit the customers’ needs.
• Provides product layout drawings, space planning, and construction set of plans which meet the customer’s needs while adhering to any applicable codes and regulations.
• Maintains detailed plan information in a resource library to be used by Project Manager.
• Develops and modifies existing products from established standard specifications.
• Prepares approval drawings that ensure that all of the essential product information is specifically signed off by the customer.
Provides technical support to production operations through drafting and detailing services for customer's millwork product requests:
• Provides complete, detailed and accurate drawings to manufacturing operations.
• Prepares production information (i.e. drawings, cut lists, BOM) providing the necessary information for programming, machining and assembly operations.
• Provides detailed drawings for use in purchasing outsourced product.
• Maintains a library of standard design, drawings and specifications.
• Works directly with shop floor personnel on issues and manufacturing concerns, ensuring continuous product and process improvements.
WB Powell Inc. is fabricator and installer of high-end, custom, pre-finished architectural millwork and casework. With a reputation for financial stability and strength, producing quality products of high value, experienced personnel, and outstanding service, we have a performance record of successfully meeting demanding schedules for owners with high expectations.
We seek out only best -- the best skills, the best attitudes -- and expect the best results from our employees. In return, we will not only offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package but the training, development and support to make our employees a success in whatever they do for us.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
No agency calls please.