Senior Architectural Millwork Engineer
Listing #457179 Listed on: 10/17
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||Island Architectural Woodwork, INC|
|SUMMARY: Island Architectural Woodwork, a Long Island based high-end architectural woodworking firm, is currently seeking an experienced Architectural Millwork engineer with thorough knowledge of commonly used woodworking practices and a minimum of 5 years’ experience in the aforementioned market. The ideal candidate is familiar with industry specific materials/products and has a working knowledge of various CNC automated construction methods. |
- Develop and present accurate and complete shop drawings and specifications based on architectural plans and field conditions to in-house fabrication facilities.
- Create accurate material takeoffs and buyout reports.
- Create accurate and clear part cutlists for fabrication.
- Ability to create a "Production Package" for shop. (Prior Shop Floor and/or Installation Experience a Plus.)
- Quickly identify discrepancies/problems in plans (i.e. field conditions differ from architectural drawings), and effectively confer with project manager/architects to formulate solutions.
- Work closely with Project Management, Drafting and Shop to ensure job runs smoothly.
- Excellent conceptual, managerial, and oral/written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail, and highly organized.
- Must be able to read and understand all architectural drawings/Specifications.
- Proficient in AutoCAD and Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.).
- Working knowledge of Microvellum a plus.
- Working knowledge of Tradesoft a plus.
- Working knowledge of CutRite a plus.
- Working knowledge of WoodWop a plus.
- Architectural/Engineering degree is preferable.
- Thorough knowledge of AWI Quality Standards is preferable.
- Knowledge of woodworking joinery techniques is a MUST.
- Thorough understanding of wood products and hardware is a MUST.
Salary will be commensurate with experience
ALL INQUIRIES PLEASE CONTACT:
Michael Melchert – firstname.lastname@example.org