Finishing Manager - hang line
Listing #457782 Listed on: 12/26
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||TRADE JOB PLACEMENT|
|Job Description |
Client is seeking an experienced Finish Manager to be part of their woodworking team. They are a fast growing Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer.
The Finish Manager will provide the technical expertise, innovation and leadership to drive finish activities for the division, including product development, problem resolution, continuous improvement, capital projects, and vendor qualification.
-Manage all finish technicians, associates, and activities while approve color matching.
-Execute projects that target improvement to key finish metrics.
-Develop and implement capital projects with budget responsibility.
-Manage and report continuous improvement project savings monthly.
-Determines methods, machines, materials that support new products.
-Establish, document, and implement standard procedures based on empirical results.
-Assist in developing preventive maintenance procedures and schedules on finishing equipment.
-Conduct routine audits to ensure conformance to documented best practices and standard operating procedures.
-Work collaboratively with established and new vendors to solve problems and create opportunities.
-Provide technical training to manufacturing leadership and associates.
-Ensure finish materials are available to meet on-time metrics.
-Network with finish specialists throughout the organization.
-Other duties as assigned.
-Wood coatings experience.
-Excellent teamwork facilitation skills.
-Strong problem solving & leadership skills.
-Good verbal and written communication skills.
-Minimum of 4-6 years of hands-on coatings experience in a high volume production facility.
-Knowledge of the cabinet and/or furniture industry
• Knowledge of all types of woodwork finishing, top coats, and painting lacquers (off the gun and hand rubbed).
• Must have color and mixing knowledge and ability.
• Full knowledge of wood and paint finishing process and materials.
• Experience Managing multiple finishers.
2) Knowledge and work experience in hang line processing and automatic flat lines.
3) Inspect, train and evaluate painters.
4) Oversee maintenance schedule for paint division.
5) Create productivity logs and evaluate daily/ weekly / monthly output.
6) Hang and flat lines processing experience mandatory.
-Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Chemistry, or other comparable degree, or equivalent experience.
$65k - $85k plus bonus
BCBS Medical Dental and vision, 401K
For immediate consideration forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 417-214-5082 to discuss.