V.P. of Operations - Residential Wood Products
Listing #457820 Listed on: 12/29
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Job Description |
The VP of Operations will be the Senior Operations leader responsible for directing all manufacturing and operations functions in support of the company's strategic and annual growth plans. The VP will oversee the Purchasing, Manufacturing, Materials and Distribution functions, and will work closely with the President on all decisions related to the operation of the company. As a member of senior management team, the Vice President will develop the manufacturing and operations business strategy as well as implement the annual operating plan that supports it. The position requires a business leader with both a strategic and an operations mindset including the ability to proactively identify potential growth opportunities for the company.
• Vision, Strategy and Business Performance
• Anticipate likely obstacles and generate creative ways to get around them.
• View problems in new and unique ways; generate breakthrough ideas and willing to entertain alternative structures to achieve strategic objectives.
• Make good decisions based upon available data.
• Implement and use metrics in conjunction with judgment to make sound strategic and tactical choices.
• Makes timely, tough decisions and anticipates problems.
• Ensure the company reaches agreed upon gross margin targets that reflect the annual and longer-term profitability plans.
• Manage supply chain and procurement to minimize capital impact.
• Manage the continuous improvement of the processes and resources that convert inputs into finished goods. Ensure that this conversion occurs at the lowest possible cost while meeting increasing customer expectations in terms of quality and delivery.
• Design additional flexibility into processes.
• Study potential bottlenecks and re-design manufacturing cells to meet expanding volume potential; Push differentiation.
• Lead efforts and drive our organization to think in terms of lowest total cost and global procurement.
• Increase the focus on safety to positively impact WC costs and lost productivity.
Total Quality Management and Lean
• Drive Lean principles across the manufacturing organization.
• Utilize lean tools (Poka-yoke, control charts, 5S, etc.) to make sustainable improvements.
• Identify waste in the current processes.
• Implement continuous improvement mindset and the Seven Basic Tools of Quality to drive quality improvements in both internal processes.
• Provide overall leadership to employees, successfully motivating, coaching and infusing spirit to positively impact the business' bottom line.
• Develop strong functional leaders and a viable succession plan.
Education and Experience:
• Must have specific experience in leading operations with 5+ years in a senior leadership role that involves operations management, strategic planning and employee management.
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent communication skills in both verbal and written as well as the presence and innate ability to represent the company in a wide variety of forums.
• Exceptional technical and managerial skills: including strong leadership, human relations skills, team-work orientation and flexibility in a high performance culture.
• Must exhibit a strong business presence with a superior ability to effectively communicate to all company stakeholders.
• Must have high energy level and a desire to be personally and professionally successful.
• Must have strong and solid presentation skills.
• Possess an entrepreneurial instinct balanced by a mature understanding of financial instruments and negotiations.
• Demonstrated capacity for strategic positioning and strategic thinking with strong operations management abilities.
• Demonstrate the ability to inspire confidence among those with whom he/she works, including customers, peers, subordinates, etc.
• Ability to develop a vision for the business, have a broad perspective and maintain a long-term big picture view.
$85k - $100k - negotiable to experience
Benefits package include: Medical, Dental, Paid Vacation and Holidays
For immediate consideration forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 417-214-5082 to discuss.