Manufacturing Engineer - Drafting & Design
Listing #457856 Listed on: 01/04
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Location:||Osseo, WI, Anywhere|
|Company:||SourceCut Industries, Inc.|
|Purpose and Scope|
Draws, develops, and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards within the wood manufacturing industry. Recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls. Coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products. Responsibilities include using CAD software for drafting and drawing, process improvement, problem resolution, project management and employee training.
•Transforms initial rough product designs and ideas to CNC programs using computer applications.
•Generates engineering drawings to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards using CADD software.
•Designs, develops, tests or sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods.
•Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and efficiency improvement.
•Works with internal staff and customers to develop product drawings and drafts, designs, prototypes and cost estimates.
•Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Training
Associates and/or Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Industrial Technology preferred, or equivalent experience
- ERP and engineering systems - Vantage by Epicor and Microvellum a plus
- An understanding of the wood industry and the principles of wood manufacturing preferred
- Previous experience and proficiency working with SolidWorks or Microvellum engineering software applications preferred
- Ability to successfully use basic office software applications (specifically MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook)
- Compensation based on merit