Material Procurement Manager
Listing #457885 Listed on: 01/08
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Name:||IMPACT Search and Placement, LLC|
|Material Procurement Manager|
Salary will be commensurate with experience
This position is responsible for assisting the Director of Material Procurement in managing all aspects associated with material requirements for Company. Including by not limited to specifications, budget cost, procurement, quality control, proper usage, shipping & receiving.
1. Upon request, assist sales team with suggestions of material types, specifications, characteristics, their uses and estimated cost as related to a specific project and customer expectations.
1. Assist estimating departments in determining which items should be manufactured in house or outsourced. Provide Vendor contacts with attention to cost, quality, on time delivery of specific material or subcontract requirements.
2. Work with VP Estimating to update system with accurately calculated material and labor cost.
3. Update VP Estimating regarding vendor performance and qualifications.
1. Work with PM’s at outset of awarded project to clearly identify material requirements as related to customer specifications with attention to availability and estimated budget cost.
2. Identify project schedule requirements, including job sequence. Work with plant manager to determine production durations. Consult with PM and determine any subcontract, vendor supplied items or materials for direct onsite requirements.
3. Provide PM with all required material finish samples for customer submittal and approval.
1. Work with engineering manager to facilitate acquisition of information required for material takeoff and purchasing. Identify and work to prevent schedule delays caused by lack of required information.
2. Consult with engineers on preparing shop drawings to lower manufacturing, installation and materials cost, including value engineering methods.
1. Supervise and manage all aspects of the MTO department.
2. Review all shop drawings prior to MTO handoff.
3. Identify and implement methods to lower manufacturing and material cost.
4. Verify all material callouts and construction methods per work order and project requirements.
5. Redline drawing corrections as required, review corrections with PM and lead detailer. Return to engineering manager for required corrections prior to shop release.
6. Prioritize each project and work order for sequence as required to insure timely acquisition of all materials to meet production schedule with attention to long lead items.
7. Insure timely completion of material takeoffs. Review all material takeoff sheets and required drawings prior to Purchasing handoff. Verify all material specifications, sizes and quantities. Determine if materials are G-STK, LOS or to be purchased.
8. Verify all production breakdown information. Update breakdown with materials % complete.
9. Assign required delivery dates of each material type. Assign ship to locations of all materials.
1. Supervise and manage all functions of the Purchasing department.
2. Insure timely preparation of purchase order request.
3. Review and approve all material requests prior to purchasing handoff.
4. Facilitate vendor selection of all material requirements to insure below budget cost, quality and on time delivery. Identify opportunities to save on material and shipping cost.
5. Verify and insure all material cost are below budget.
6. Acquire approval of C.O.O. on all purchases over $2,500 prior to execution of PO. Backup of estimated line item budget cost is required.
Receiving & Shipping (QCFC):
1. Supervise and manage all aspects of material receivables and importation to QDM.
2. Maintain safe working warehouse environment.
3. Insure quality control of all received materials. Verify and document upon receipt, materials are as specified on purchase order and accompanying documents.
4. Verify daily status of received or backordered materials. Feedback to purchasing of any issues.
5. Work with plant manager and QDM staff to insure materials are received on time to meet production schedule.
6. Insure all importation documents are provided as required by customs.
7. Insure all requirements are maintained.
For immediate response please email your resume to: Larry@impact-tqr.com