Senior Machine Operator/Assistant Supervisor
Listing #457898 Listed on: 01/09
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Senior Machine Operator/Assistant Supervisor for Custom Architectural Millwork|
Since 1935 Designers and General Contractors have relied on Brochsteins to build custom architectural millwork and furniture for their Fortune 1000, law firm, hospitality, museum and higher education clients. The appeal of custom millwork is that we enable our client to realize their vision and design intent with unique pieces. Every day provides a chance to do something new and different and constantly develop our skills, allowing us to serve our customers. To learn more about our company visit our website at brochsteins.com.
Brochsteins is looking for a highly skilled Senior Machine Operator/Assistant Supervisor who can supervise, train and mentor others – and who is ambitious and wants to grow in responsibility. This person must be able to set up, run, maintain and train others; and to set up, run and maintain CNCs, Edgebanders, Panel Saws and other machinery. Hands on mentoring and tracking of materials flowing through the department using all senses are a must. This person should be detail oriented, high energy, highly motivated, have a positive attitude and a love for teaching and training others.
· Assist in the setup, training, establishing SOPs and maintenance of machinery
· Work closely with other department supervisors to ensure product is completed on time in the correct sequence, and that drawings are correctly detailed for the fabrication processes utilized.
· Participate in daily meetings with the Machining team to ensure safety, quality and schedule are clearly understood and upheld.
· Help stage, prioritize and quality check work, and monitor rework
· Problem solve for unusual, complex situations.
Qualifications and skills:
· Expert knowledge of hardwoods, veneer, tooling, machinery, substrates a must.
· Expert knowledge of door hardware machining a plus (Locksets, Pivots, Closers, Etc.)
· Ability to problem solve basic mechanical issues, and work with machinery supplier when issues are more complex.
• 5+ years’ experience in highly custom millwork shop
· Experience in 5S and lean manufacturing techniques
· Ability to read complex shop drawings and make cut bills if needed
· Excellent 3-D, analytical and mechanical thinking
· Desire and ability to lead others in a hands on manner
· Osha 10
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter noting where you saw this posting and explaining why this job is of interest to you to firstname.lastname@example.org.