Listing #457902 Listed on: 01/09
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Senior Estimator for Custom Architectural Millwork|
Since 1935 Designers and General Contractors have relied on Brochsteins to build custom architectural millwork and furniture for their Fortune 1000, law firm, hospitality, museum and higher education clients. The appeal of custom millwork is that we enable our client to realize their vision and design intent with unique pieces. Every day provides a chance to do something new and different and constantly develop our skills, allowing us to serve our customers. To learn more about our company visit our website at brochsteins.com.
Brochsteins is looking for a qualified estimator who has extensive experience in high grade custom interiors (specifically related to millwork) and enjoys the challenge of finding and listing scope and identifying discrepancies, in the plans, elevations, sections, schedules and specs. The ideal candidate understands how design affect construction and basics of how paneling, furniture and cabinetry is constructed and has had some hands on experience in both fabrication and drafting.
• Understand customer expectations, site conditions and unusual contractual obligations prior to pricing.
• Define and price scope of potential work per bid documents, drawings, notes and specifications.
• Submit bid package on time and proactively follow up until the bid is awarded.
• Expert ability to read and interpret architectural drawings
• Able to work under tight time restraints and deadlines and be personable, even under pressure
• Expert mathematical comprehension
• Attention to detail and persistence in follow up
• Excellent communications skills (listening, verbal and written)
• Superior organizational and time management skills
• AutoCad, MicroVellum, OnScreen Takeoff (or similar), Microsoft Office
• Five years relevant experience. College degree preferred.
How to Apply:
Please send resume and cover letter noting where you saw this posting and explaining why this job is of interest to you to firstname.lastname@example.org.