Custom Fabricator / Bench Person
Listing #460210 Listed on: 09/01
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||American Millwork & Cabinetry|
|Custom Fabricator / Bench Person|
• Review blueprints, including 360o views, and shop drawings to understand specifications for job.
• Produce and assemble components such as fixtures, office equipment, cabinets, or high-grade furniture.
• Verify dimensions and check the quality or fit of pieces to ensure adherence to specifications.
• Set up or operate machines, including power saws, jointers, mortisers, tenoners, molders, or shapers, to cut, mold, or shape wood stock or wood substitutes.
• Measure and mark dimensions of parts on paper or lumber stock prior to cutting, following blueprints, to ensure a tight fit and quality product.
• Reinforce joints with nails or other fasteners to prepare articles for finishing.
• Attach parts or sub-assemblies together to form completed units, using glue, dowels, nails, screws, or clamps.
• Cut materials to the right size and shape and trim parts of joints to ensure a snug fit, using hand tools, such as planes, chisels, or wood files.
• Match materials for color, grain, or texture, giving attention to knots or other features of the wood.
• Trim, sand, or scrape surfaces or joints to prepare articles for finishing.
• Collaborate with in-house teams on building methods and to continuously improve the design/build process.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in finish carpentry and shop experience.
• Experience running machines and using tools in a wood product production environment.
• Exceptionally strong mechanical/problem solving skills.
• Experience reading drawings and specifications, performing precision measurement and experience in the construction and use of jigs and fixtures.
• Able to read, write and speak English.
• Able to lift up to 50 pounds.
• Track record of good performance, on-time, positive work ethic.
What We Offer:
• Three (3) Sick / Personal Days
• One (1) week paid vacation to start
• 401K 4% match
• Medical benefits (company picks costs up lion share of the individual)
• Great working environment
Hiring Company Description:
• AMC is a Mid-Atlantic based, custom production millwork manufacturer.
• American Millwork & Cabinetry is a long time member in good standing as an AWI Manufacturer of commercial architectural wood work and custom cabinetry.
• AMC is located near Allentown, PA. AMC has continued to grow in spite of the economy. There are wonderful opportunities for advancement for those have heart and want more out of life.
• Check out our web sites www.amcmillwork.com – www.americaseus.com
• Send your resume to email@example.com