Millwork Engineer / Drafter
Listing #460338 Listed on: 09/15
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Location:||San Antonio, TX|
|Company:||Phenix Architectural Woodwork|
|We are looking for an enthusiastic and hard working team player to produce architectural millwork shop drawings for submittal and work orders for fabrication using AutoCAD and Microvellum.|
• Identify and verify specifications by examining architectural documents, and performing
• Resolve discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information; conferring with project
• Prepare final drawings of commercial millwork by studying architectural sketches,
specifications, and supporting documents; preparing drawings of the architectural millwork
following established practices, drawing multiple views, identifying angles, curvatures,
tolerances, and materials.
• Modify/revising drawings by studying changes; redrawing requirements, changing
identifications as required by client.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• Three years of working experience with AutoCAD and associated tools; Microvellum experience is beneficial but not required.
• Three years of experience interpreting architectural plans and specifications to produce commercial millwork shop drawings accurately and efficiently.
• Knowledge of AWI industry standards.
• Thorough understanding of woodworking construction and machinery including: CNC Routers, Edgebanders, etc.
• Experience using any CAD CAM software to generate G-codes for CNC machining is a plus
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel
Compensation based on experience
Benefits include: Company health plan, paid vacation and holidays