Listing #460476 Listed on: 09/27
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Location:||Daytona Beach , FL|
|Company:||American Technical Furniture|
|American Technical Furniture (ATF) is a national manufacturer of Standard and Custom Wood Furniture products for the electronic age.|
At ATF, we call ourselves the What if …… Company. Quite simply, if you can sketch it we can build it. With operations based in Daytona Beach, Florida ATF specializes in design and manufacture of furniture for the Office, Audiovisual, Electronic, and Technical applications. However, with extensive experience and expertise we are constantly expanding into new markets. Our goals are simple- produce innovative, high-quality furniture solutions of exceptional value
ATF is an independently owned company, solution driven company that offers a friendly, caring, business casual environment. We encourage each member of our ATF family to be creative and to continue their personal and professional growth. We foster a strong team atmosphere since we believe that a better you makes a much better us and that our most valuable asset is the people that we work with.
This position is located in Daytona Beach, FL.
Job Description: Shop Foreman
The role of the Shop Foreman is to manage all aspects of shop production. The Shop Foreman reports to the Operations Manager and his/her tasks include but are not limited to: management of personnel, overseeing execution of schedule, supervision and participation in all shop related fabrication projects, facilitating a productive and efficient work flow, maintaining a safe and clean work environment, and implementation of policy and procedures to improve overall shop efficiency and quality.
Management of shop personnel
Team leader responsible for shop personnel and tasking
• Coordinate the necessary project requirements with the Operations Manager
• Allocation of duties to shop personnel
• Promote teamwork
Oversight and execution of schedule
• Coordinate production schedule and project deadlines with Operations Manager
• Manage workload to meet production schedule
Participation in fabrication
• Fabrication projects and set the gold standard for subordinate employees
• Various shop tasks as necessary to lead by example, and promote good work ethics
Facilitating a productive and efficient work flow
• Ensure shop personnel are working in an efficient manor
• Delegate tasks such that efficiency is maximized
• Monitor and manage material inventory so that work flow is not stopped or impeded
• Ensure tooling and machinery is working properly to minimize downtime
Maintaining a safe and clean work environment
• Ensure measures are taken to operate tools and machinery safely
• Ensure proper safety gear, eye protection, dust masks, etc. is wore by shop personnel
• Maintain a clean and organized working environment
Experience & Qualifications:
• High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
• 5 to 10 years commercial cabinetry, casework experience, or similar experience.
• 3 to 5 years supervisory experience.
• Proficiency with CNC routing.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced team environment and have a passion for learning and advancement.
• Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills.
• Oral and written communication skills with superior collaboration skills and project management.
• Ability to maintain open communication across project teams working under tight deadlines with wide variety of complex issues.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Innovative in finding information and solving problems working cross-functionally.
• Ability to work on short-term assignments with tight deadlines while managing multiple tasks, projects, and changing demands.
Paid vacations and holidays
Medical, dental, 401K
***FULLY AIR CONDITIONED SHOP***
Applicants please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org