Listing #460487 Listed on: 09/28
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Location:||Temple , TX|
|Company:||Panel Specialists Inc|
Facilitating all aspects of the Casework Process from estimating through project completion and provides support to the Wall Systems Team by developing accurate and thorough takeoff estimates. All work shall be done in a timely manner to meet the stringent time constraints that are required to handle the bid schedule by doing the following:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Review and analyzing the elements of the project through plan review.
• Obtain pricing from subcontractors and vendors for project bidding process.
• Prepare take-off and estimates prior to submittal of proposal.
• Upon awarding of job communicate with subcontractors and create and review shop drawings.
• Communicates and coordinates with the GC on scheduling, delivering and installation of the casework product line.
• Monitor the installation process and handle any issues that come up with the General Contractor.
• Collect, compile and distribute job closeout information as needed.
• Will represent the company in project meetings as necessary.
• Tracks projects leads via reports from Dodge, ISQFT, REED Insight, Invitations to Bid, Customer Inquiries, and other Sales Leads that may be a direct result from Sales and Marketing networking with Architects/Contractors/Customers.
• Once a new project is identified, it will be the responsibility of the estimator to track down bid documents and print out hard copies of plans, specs, details and addenda as needed.
• Makes an initial assessment of the project and identifies problem areas that need additional information and or clarification. Then addresses the problem area with appropriate project Architect and/or Construction Manager with a Request for Information, so as to limit PSI’s exposure during bid process.
• Highlights and counts PSI wall panel system components including panels, moldings, and related products and materials as specified. Enters takeoff into excel spreadsheet and prices out that takeoff, including, but not limited to, all panel and trim components, buyouts, installation and freight.
• Identifies & communicates discrepancies & variations that may affect pricing, manufacturing, yield, installation or product performance.
• Communicates and coordinates with project management, sales & marketing as necessary to assure accurate and timely estimates.
• Works with Contract Administrator to facilitate any bid bond requests or sub-contractor qualifications.
• Utilizes established materials pricing and coordinates with sales, project manager, installers and other project stakeholders to assure a successful & profitable outcome.
• Prepares the appropriate bid form/scope letter for the project, including the correct, final base bid price, alternate prices, inclusions, exclusions, color information and other qualifications that may be necessitated by the project.
• Identifies bidders on each specific project, verify if addenda have been issued to the particular project, download and post relevant addenda to the construction documents.
• Once a project has been quoted its estimator’s responsibility to get bid tabulations if possible and negotiate the final scope of work with the successful bidder/contractor.
• Once a purchase order or subcontract agreement has been received, it’s the estimator’s responsibility to check for the correct price and make sure all inclusions, exclusions, alternates and specific bid/construction documents are stated and recorded properly.
• Solicits feedback from project management, manufacturing, sales & marketing and other stake holders during and after project completion to improve estimation process.
• Does initial review of first draft of shop drawings, checking for scope of work and proper adherence to project specifications.
• Reviews returned submittal drawings for any requested changes and revises scope of work and pricing as necessary.