AutoCAD drafter (2D)
Listing #461944 Listed on: 03/09
|Listing Type:||Seeking Employment|
relocating (near you) from Modesto CA
to the West Coast (NOT LA), or to within 150mi of NYC
references on request
resume provided on request
sample drawings provided on request (.dwg)
Complete Millwork Services Inc.
TeleCommute -- Santa Clara, CA
August 2016 - April 2017
• Submittal shop drawings of commercial casework and millwork from architectural sets. Google, YouTube, Facebook, Gilead, NVIDIA, Aria Convention Center, Wynn Casino...
AutoCAD DRAFTER / FACILITIES ASSISTANT (lab) / TOOL INSTALL (fab/subfab)
January 2015 -- January 2016
• Working with Industrial Engineers, I drafted factory layout and tool blocks for Ronler Acres' 5 Integrated Circuit factories. (4 months)
• Drafting of as-built AutoCAD drawings in Intel's Hawthorn Farm HF1 Campus lab facilities using my own field measure taken from the lab. (7 months)
• Facilities maintenance and facilities improvement: Moving equipment, Installing casework, Preparing for projects, and serving as IT tech as needed.
• Assist with industrial engineering.
• I worked at Intel as a "contingent worker," i.e., on a contract basis.
AutoCAD DRAFTER OF MILLWORK
Huntington Beach, CA
June 2012 -- March 2013
• Drafting of custom millwork for very high-end residential homes. Generate shop drawings for submittal from architectural sets and design drawings; and re-submit drawings from redlines. There has also been some work on furniture design.
• I was working with a designer who works with clients directly on remodels and new construction, but who also works with other designers in Southern California, mostly on residential estates. There has been some commercial work on fixtures and Tenant Improvement projects. I had been working from home for these months, but I think I prefer the security of working for a business.
AutoCAD DRAFTER, CABINETMAKER, WOODWORKER, INSTALLER
Sun Woodworks (defunct)
November 2008 -- March 2010 (AutoCAD Drafter)
October 2010 -- August 2011 (Woodworker)
• Generated shop drawings for very high-end residential projects, including field measurement and project coordination.
• Designed kitchens, bathrooms, bedrooms, mantels, home offices, master closets, utility rooms, entertainment centers, libraries, built-in and freestanding furniture, AV cabinets, counters, doors and paneling.
• Met with homeowners, architects, designers, contractors, and shop managers for design, redlines, re-design, equipment, finish and special requirements of homeowners.
• I returned to my old shop to provide Sun Woodworks' submittal drawings for approval and production. Then I worked on Sun's last job in the shop as cabinetmaker, woodworker, and installer. Single handedly built and installed all millwork in a 3-story single-family house (master bedroom and bath, home office, guest room, two living rooms, one family room, and vanities in two powder-rooms -- after having previously drawn the shop-drawing with the homeowner for 3 months (AutoCAD submittal shop drawing) -- for approval, re-submit and red-lines).
Commercial Casework Inc.
August 2007 -- November 2008
• One of nine drafters in the engineering department. Drafting of large offices, reception desks, conference tables, paneling, breakrooms, conference rooms, and countertops.
• Generated drawings from architectural sets for submittal; re-submitted drawings from redlines.
• Generated thorough plans, elevations, sections, details, specifications, annotations, schedules (hardware, materials, finishes, equipment, etc.) and accurate calculations and dimensions.
• Met with project managers, estimators, purchasing, layout and production.
September 2006 -- August 2007
• Drafting of commercial casework, offices, reception desks, paneling, trim, kitchens, vanities, and countertops.
• Generated presentation drawings, submittal drawings, Request For Information, production and drafting to Woodwork Institute Standards, and red-lines and re-submit.
• Detailed shop drawings, including plans, elevations, sections, details, specifications, annotations, schedules (hardware, materials, finishes, etc.), and accurate calculations and dimensions and field measure.
PROJECT MANAGER ASSISTANT, AutoCAD DRAFTER
Chad Reitan Fine Woodworking
March -- December 2006
• Drafting of complex casework, doors (interior and exterior), kitchens, built-in furniture, vanities, mantels, closets, some of which included curves and angles.
• Co-project manager with owner, Chad Reitan.
• Worked together with clients (owners), contractors, designers, project managers and architects on design, scheduling, bids, installation, materials and finish.
WOODWORKER, CABINETMAKER, INSTALLER, MANAGER ASSISTANT
November 1996 -- August 2005
• At intervals, responsible for all day-to-day operations, including administration, production, maintenance and management for the entire business.
• I have also had responsibility for finding, hiring, and training employees in woodwork, cabinetmaking, and on-sight installation.
• Furniture, fixtures, and complex kitchen cabinetry made to specifications.
• I have added my shop tools to supplement the capabilities of Sun Woodwork's shop.
• I have also been entirely responsible for production and completion of a project in shop and on sight, including meeting with homeowners, designers, architects, and contractors.
• Modesto Junior College, Associate in Arts Degree, 1989
• University of California at Santa Cruz, Baccalaureate Degree in Philosophy, 1991
• San Jose State University, Master's Degree in Philosophy, 1998
• A+ Certification (CompTIA), 2003
• CCNA Certification (Cisco), 2002
• Network+ Certification (CompTIA), 2002
• CIS/ Sys. Admin. Tech. Support and Hardware Integration Certification
Laney College, Oakland, California, 2004
• Paralegal Certification, Merritt College, Oakland, California, 2003
• Two-Year Certificate of Wood Technology, Laney College, Oakland, California, 1997
SCHOLARSHIPS Mancini Music Scholarship -- Cello