Listing #461946 Listed on: 03/09
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Heartwood Custom Woodworks is a high end custom cabinet manufacturer located in Eagle, Colorado serving the Vail and Aspen ski resort communities. We are seeking 2 individuals with shop-based cabinet making experience. |
The following is a job description for an experienced cabinet maker:
Experienced cabinet makers analyze shop drawings & work orders, plan their work, budget their time, work with minimal supervision, with or without helpers. They make & keep commitments. Our employees assist in other areas when production capacities fluctuate and needs arise. And, yes, they help clean up the shop and even take out the trash along with everybody else. In order to succeed, you must be able to learn and adapt to Heartwood's methods of manufacturing.
Basic Duties & Requirements (not all inclusive):
- Receive work order, review all plans in detail & get answers to all your questions from appropriate team members. If you do not understand something, it is your responsibility to get the information you need to proceed;
- Build your projects making sure your work adheres to the detailed specifications;
- Communicate, communicate, communicate. Share details, give feedback, ask questions, write things down, make lists, talk to your teammates always with tact and diplomacy;
- Able to work with others in a highly collaborative and busy shop environment;
- Expedite your completed materials & projects w/documentation to next location for hand off;
- Show respect & professionalism to all other employees;
- Emphasize safety in all your applications;
- Able to lift 10-35 pounds frequently through the day, 35-50 pounds occasionally, & up to 100 pounds at times with help.
- You must be able to bend, stoop, twist, & reach frequently through the day & must be able to work on your feet, with breaks, throughout a typical 8 hour work day;
- Need to have a strong work ethic, be on time for work, and be ready and willing to contribute;
- Basic math skills are required (addition, subtraction, decimals, and basic geometry);
- Reading skills are required to read measurements, general information, safety rules, & company policies;
- Must be able to work in a manufacturing environment containing dust, noise, and fumes;
- Personal protection equipment and safety training are provided per Heartwood's safety program;
- Other duties as assigned;
- Reports directly to the Plant Manager.
This is a great opportunity to join a respected company located in the heart of the Colorado Rockies. We offer competitive pay depending on your experience, health care benefits, & paid time off after your first year. We have onsite employee rental housing for up to 3 individuals (shared unit with 3 bedrooms).