Logistics - Shipping/Receiving/Production
Listing #462594 Listed on: 05/10
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||High Country Millwork|
The Logistics Worker I is assigned to one of 2 roles within the Logistics Department: Crate Builder or Wrapper/Loader.
The Crate Builder is responsible for efficiently building appropriate crates and pallets as needed to facilitate the proper protection of product for transit to jobsites for both LTL and FTL shipments. This may include modifying pallets and crates from the recycle pool in the back lot. Pallets are also built or modified/acquired from the recycle pool for use on the production floor. This position is also responsible for processing all outbound UPS shipments.
The Wrapper/Loader is responsible for properly wrapping, labeling, and crating of product, as well as loading trucks.
• Uses proper materials during the wrapping and crating of product to minimize the potential for shipping damage.
• Ensures NO product is moved to the staging area before being wrapped/crated.
• Keeps work area clean and organized throughout the day, as well as performing a final clean up at the end of the day.
• Assists with other tasks as directed by the Loading Lead or Logistics Supervisor.
• Verifies the product has been properly wrapped and labeled prior to crating.
• Proactively utilizes ERP System to identify crating needs and priority. Loading Lead, Logistics Coordinator and Logistics Supervisor may also be utilized for crating priorities.
• Responsible for processing all outbound UPS shipments and sending daily shipment notifications via email.
• Assists with loading of trucks, and assists with wrapping of product if time allows.
• Ensures that all crates and/or pallets are efficiently built and made available in a timely manner for the wrappers and production floor, if applicable.
• Verifies the product has been labeled by QC and legibly writes the job name, part number, and job number on all four sides (if applicable) of outer packaging for easy identification. If applicable and supplied by QC, a secondary QC label should also be applied to the outer packaging.
• Responsible for the loading of trucks under supervision of the Loading Lead.
• Works closely with Loading Lead for wrapping priority, as well as QC for understanding proper wrapping technique.
• Ability to operate small hand tools required, i.e., pneumatic nailer, circular saw, chop saw.
• Ability to read drawings and extract proper information for designing/deciphering crate structure.
• Deals with all quality issues at the source.
• Uses all equipment to its upmost capabilities.
• Basic math skills are required: addition, subtraction, decimals and basic geometry.
• Basic reading skills are required: ability to read measurements, general information, safety rules, and company policies.
• Emphasizes safety first, quality second, and production third.
• Facilitates an atmosphere of constant improvement.
• Works with co-workers, clients, and vendors in a professional manner.
• Punctuality and regular attendance is essential
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
• Use of appropriate materials and techniques.
• Completion of assigned tasks in allotted time.
• Proper use of hand tools/safety protocols.
• Attendance and punctuality.
TO APPLY: PLEASE SEND RESUME TO JJACKSON@HIGHCOUNTRYMILL.COM