Millwork Cabinet Drafting Engineer
Listing #462622 Listed on: 05/13
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||Jeffrey Ellis Carl Cabinetmakers|
|Introduction: Jeffrey Ellis Carl Cabinetmakers (www.jeccabinetmakers.com) is a modern fully CAD-CAM commercial shop in Rochester NY. We currently have a Project Engineer job opening. This critical position involves creating functional shop drawings from information provided on architectural drawings and reviewing scope of work, materials and methods with the project manager. The shop drawings are functional in that it is at this phase in the project where production design problems are anticipated and resolved to the greatest extent possible. The detailed shop drawings are then submitted for approval. Once approved the drawings are modified for compliance with architect’s notes and field dimensions, then released to the shop floor for production.|
* Millwork-cabinet shop experience 5 years minimum in production and engineering. You have to know how to build in order to engineer it.
* Software experience: Autocad proficiency is necessary. Candidates with Microvellum or CabinetVision and any of the CAM packages (Mastercam, Alphacam, Aspire, etc) are preferred. This is necessary to prepare complete submittal and shop production packages, including CAM downloads to shop machines. Word processing, internet research, etc also necessary.
* Complete understanding of architectural drawing conventions to read, understand, and create drawings.
* Knowledge of raw materials used in the industry: board products, solid woods, laminate and solid surfaces, hardware, etc (raw material properties, correct selection for application, and fabrication techniques).
* Familiar with AWI specs and quality levels
* Excellent English language communication skills
* Problem solving skills are essential.
Compensation & Benefits:
Full time salary position. 7:00 AM to 3:30 PM, sometimes overtime required. Salary discussion at interview.
Benefits include health care package with HSA, 401K with generous company match, paid holidays and vacations.
Summary: If this is your thing, you know the drill. The original architectural drawings are often either lacking in detail or full of unfeasible details. It will be your job to figure out how it can really be done with the right materials and methods. There’s a great team here with project managers, support staff and fabricators so together we formulate a plan. As the engineer you prepare the shop drawings with the correct materials and procedures, submit a complete package to the customer (drawings, product cut sheets, physical samples, etc). Then, once approved, implement the job (that is hand off the production package to production dept) with appropriate changes. This entails a complete release to the shop floor including issuing vendor purchase orders, job bill-of-materials, detailed and dimensioned fabrication instructions for each department, part and item labels, and transmitting data to shop floor machines. The level of detail is significant, you have to be able to deal with that and keep it all straight in your mind. You will be joining a team of several other engineers engaged in the same activity. There will soon be a new router with an automated storage system feeding it, and automatic outfeed conveyor. It is an exciting time for our industry and for us here with the upgrade to the latest technology. This is a great place to work, look at our website to see the wide variety of our work, then come see us and find out for yourself.
Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org Please include resume and clearly list your qualifications. Samples of your shop drawings would be very helpful as well.
Jeffrey Ellis Carl Cabinetmakers has been in business since 1978, we have been serving satisfied customers in the Medical, Educational, Hospitality, Public Works, Professional, Retail, Commercial, Senior Housing and Industrial Sectors. We deliver to customers across the northeast and mid-Atlantic US.
Learn more about us at: http://jeccabinetmakers.com.