Sales and Market Development
Listing #462654 Listed on: 05/16
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||Tharp Cabinet Company|
The Sales and Market Development position actively pursues, engages, pre-qualifies and closes Cabinet and related products and service sales to new Builder/Contractor Customers.
Fully identifying, qualifying, and selling Tharp Cabinets to the Builder/Contractor Business segment of the organization. This segment of business is vital to the organization and requires comprehensive pre-qualification effort inclusive of documented reporting of prospect prior to full sales support. The Builder Business consists of a company defined customer profile/outline and is a specific customer base where sales focus is to be placed. The following is required and necessary for the execution of the Sales activity.
• Develop and close new Builder/Contractor Business.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills.
• Customer interface, management and maintenance.
• Sales material development and presentation.
• Concept and final design and drawing development.
• Budget and price estimate development.
• File creation and management as it pertains to customer development and management.
Working relationships: The job will consist of daily communication requirements with a wide variety of people, including but not limited to; Contractors/Builder executives, Contractor/Builder site personnel, Tharp personnel including upper managers, A/R and A/P, Manufacturing personnel, Service staff, Delivery staff, Installation Staff, and will require professionalism and business acumen.
Anticipated work schedule: Monday through Friday during regular business hours. There will be occasional overtime that may be required to complete work requirements as well as Saturday Showroom staffing once per month.
Equipment: Usual office equipment as supplied by Company - phone, computer, fax, copier, automobile etc. will be used on a daily basis.
Physical Activities and Safety:
10% standing, 10% walking, 80% sitting - Must strictly adhere to company safety policy, including, wearing safety equipment (glasses, hardhat, etc.) where and when required. Driving and travel in a vehicle is required, cell phones are to be used with a hands free device, texting while driving is prohibited.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, planning and scheduling skills.
• Proficient computer skills including Cabinet Vision, MSOffice, Outlook.
• Create and maintain customer lists and status reports.
• Create and present Company sales presentations.
• Communicate Market trends and make recommendations on possible product implementation.
• Ability to successfully maintain relationships intellectually as well as technologically.
• Ability to learn and use proprietary Custom Software solutions.
• Display the ability to manage several activities at once and make decisions as circumstances change.
• Work independently.
• Must work well in a team environment and have the ability to work with others.
• Participation with a Tharp Program Manager for product and customer development and relationships.
• Assist in efforts to insure all Service and Warranty requirements get resolved, through appropriate internal resources.
• Ability to develop conceptual drawings and design.
• Excellent problem solving skills.
• Capable of multi-tasking to deadline and completion.
• Ownership mentality (The buck stops here mentality).
• Service (Dedication to your customers/coworkers to supply their needs while holding them accountable).
• Integrity (Do what you promise).
• Teamwork (Respect all teammates. Treat all professionally. Win as a team).
• Ability to execute (Get the job done regardless of the obstacles).
• Preferred, but not required-
o Experience in cabinet design, manufacturing, engineering and/or production.
o Ability to read and interpret Construction documents including Plans, specifications and contracts.
o Experience in/with Cabinet Vision.
Education or Formal Training:
High School diploma required, bachelor's degree strongly preferred or applicable work experience that is specifically applicable
Previous sales, lead generation and lead development and customer service experience with a proven track record showing success in closing sales, excellent customer communication and service skills are required.
Compensation: Base salary plus commission, benefits, paid time off.
Please submit your resume directly through Craigslist or apply on our website- tharpcabinets.com