Warehouse worker-Finished Goods Department
Listing #462657 Listed on: 05/16
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||Tharp Cabinet Company|
|Tharp is Colorado's largest volume custom cabinet manufacturer, designing, building and delivering custom cabinets to Colorado and Southern Wyoming homes. Come join our team of over 140 employees! |
Get to know us:
When you join Tharp, you join a team rather than a department, this allows for our employees to cross train, expanding their skill sets and knowledge in all aspects of the cabinet making process. Working with your Team Captains, you will develop a career path that will facilitate your growth as well as strengthen your team. We want to see you grow!
Department: Finish Goods Inventory Reports to: Team Captain and/or as assigned
General Purpose: Finish Goods/FGI position is responsible for owning 100% completion of a project as well as making sure all parts have been accounted for, meet Tharp's quality standards and matches the staging/ load list paperwork. Once the verification process has taken place, they can then be wrapped and placed in the warehouse and/or a parts bin. Items not meeting quality standards are sent back to the appropriate departments within your team. Monitor ALICE and maintain awareness of departmental due dates.
• Ability to multitask
• Ability to use tape measure
• Ability to work with limited supervision
• Excellent communication skills
• Quality oriented
• Understanding of Tharp Quality Standards
• Attention to detail
• Basic knowledge of Tharp products
• Open to learning basic computer commands
• Specific functions as directed by the supervisor to facilitate training and effective output.
• Engage with Team and Technical Advisors to insure Safe and correct methods are used to facilitate requested output.
• Maintain a safe and quality based effort for any products that are processed.
• Develop skills and proficiency at assigned tasks.
• Clean up work area each day in accordance with plant safety and house cleaning standards.
• Process work in a timely, quality focused manner.
• Display a basic understanding of the information contained in the Tharp cut sheets and prints
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to stay focused on a task
• Appreciation for quality
• Other duties as required.
Equipment: Safety glasses, gloves, knife/box cutter, tape measure, mallet, freight elevator, hand truck, dolly, rolling carts (frame, finger, flat, etc.), wrapping machine & computer.
Physical Activities and Safety:
85% standing, 15% walking - Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. Must strictly adhere to company safety policy, including wearing safety glasses and hearing protection as required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• Capable of performing daily duties with minimal to no supervision.
• Capable of wrapping all stock items according to Tharp Work Instructions.
• Capable of wrapping all types of cabinets according to Tharp Work Instructions.
• Strictly adheres to Tharp Warehousing and Delivery Policies.
Education or Formal Training: High School diploma or GED desired but not required
Experience: No specific experience is a prerequisite. This is an entry level position, previous warehouse, wood working experience preferred but not required