Microvellum Engineer -- Millwork/Cabinet Engineer/Drafter
Listing #462792 Listed on: 05/31
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||Frontier Door and Cabinet|
|Frontier Door and Cabinet is seeking a Millwork/Cabinet Engineer/Drafter. Candidate must have cabinet/ millwork experience interpreting architectural drawings, and have the ability to use that information to produce CNC Code and detailed shop drawings for submittal and cabinet production.|
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Interpret construction drawings in order to build products and parts through Microvellum V7 with full machining for joinery and hardware which will be nested and have CNC G-code generated.
• Assess the drawings to determine the proper starting product to be modified to create new custom products; ability to create custom products in Microvellum.
• Assign proper materials to products with attention to thickness, board sizes and grain/pattern directions.
• Include and assign machining to parts for all applicable hardware including hinges, pulls, drawer slides, grommets, access panels, row holes, etc.
• Understanding of basic machine operations and distinguishing proper tooling to assign for each machining action.
• Create organized nest drawings to be used by the machine operator.
• Troubleshoot G-code and machine error codes as they relate to the CNC program.
• Work directly with shop floor personnel on issues and manufacturing concerns, ensuring continuous product and process improvements.
• Interpret architectural and interior design drawings to create 2D construction drawings using AutoCAD.
• Provide complete, detailed and accurate drawings to manufacture operations adhering to customers' needs and any applicable codes and regulations.
• Prepare construction information (i.e. drawings, cut lists, BOM) providing the necessary information for programming, machining and assembly operations.
• Develop and modify existing products from established standard specifications.
• Prepare approval drawings that ensure all the essential product information is signed off by the customer.
Job Qualifications: Must be familiar with typical cabinet and millwork manufacturing process. Must be proficient with AutoCAD Familiar with Microvellum, V7 a plus (Candidate can be trained if all other Qualifications and Duties listed are met) Basic computer skills, Microsoft Office (Word and some Excel) Bluebeam. Must have strong time-management skills and be comfortable with a deadline driven schedule. Must have excellent communication skills, problem solving abilities, and strong attention to detail. Competitive Pay based on experience.