Aspen Cabinet Shop Project Manager
Listing #471043 Listed on: 02/22
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|Company:||VR Cabinet |
|Job Description: Senior Project Manager|
The Senior Project Manager, as the primary representative of the company to our client, is completely in charge and responsible for the satisfactory completion of projects assigned. He/she has total control of projects assigned, and is the only source for achievements, whether good or bad. Because this is a position defined under the Total Company Integration program, the primary job of the Senior Project Manager is to save the equivalent of his/her salary in funds below the estimate. In the absence of a Senior Project Manager either due to personnel not having been assigned, termination of personnel, or illness or other absent reasons, the owner acts as the Senior Project Manager.
The documents produced by the estimator define the itemization of all products as they flow through various departments within your company. The Senior Project Manager is to verify that the itemization is correctly logged in the estimate, and if not, make changes if necessary, in order to assure the maximum efficiency of movement of manufactured products from engineering to submittal, to manufacture, to installation, to final approval and then to final payment. This is subject to the written contract requirements.
This project supervisory role must utilize all talents and skills to motivate personnel within the company as well as client personnel to bring all projects assigned to a profitable conclusion. The Senior Project Manager then directly supervises the functions of the Purchasing Manager, the Field Project Manager and any assistants assigned, with regard to the project. The Senior Project Manager has no human resources supervisory role.
The Senior Project Manager must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously, with focus on creating value for the client & company, while negotiating the inherent positive & negative challenges in high end custom projects, from beginning to end. As such, this person must plan, organize, and direct activities to ensure job activities stay on schedule and deadlines are met. Communication with general contractors, owners and architects is regularly required to clarify any inconsistencies and resolve any design issues. This person must review the entire engineering process on an assigned project, working closely with the drafter to assure the satisfaction of the client, and the profitability of the company.
1. Accurately measure on-site dimensions to verify that specified designs are accurate and work within construction methods or require the Field Project Manager to do the same.
2. Manage several projects at once while meeting deadlines, getting materials ordered, and constantly communicating with general contractors, owners and designers.
3. Study job specifications to determine areas that fall within the architectural millwork scope and determine appropriate construction methods.
4. Read prints and specifications in order to understand all aspects of a job.
5. Manage submittals including veneer, lacquer, hardware and mock-ups.
6. Review Submittals before submission and after return for change orders and accuracy
7. Have constant communication with general contractors and owners to properly manage all projects.
8. Determine material orders and keep accurate records for all jobs.
9. Understand the types of material that are needed to construct a job properly and research special products needed. Order materials in a timely fashion to assure materials are available when the shop needs them.
10. Correctly fill in change order forms.
11. Estimate all change orders or work closely with the primary estimator to assure estimate reflects the needs of the company and client.
12. Must have a good working knowledge of the following programs: Word, PowerPoint, Excel, AutoCad, and Bluebeam.
13. Must be willing to learn new concepts in project management and grasp the concept of Total Company Integration.
1. The ability to sit and/or standing for extended periods of time.
2. The ability to travel and visit building sites for meetings, measurements, and other events as needed.
3. Review and fully understand pricing, scope, project specifications, contracts, site and safety requirements.
4. Capable of carrying, moving, and lifting up to 50 pounds when needed.
5. The ability to climb up and down stairs and ladders.
6. Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
7. A valid driverís license (or able to obtain) and the ability to drive a motor vehicle.
8. Identify and manage potential conflicts and challenges; proactively handle problems before they arise.
9. Maintain schedule of values, change orders, progressive billings.
10. Review project contracts with estimating team while tracking budgeted project costs.
11. Monitor deadlines and status in real time to insure situational awareness.
12. Collaborate with engineering for material procurement using drawings and /or submittals that include: punch list completion, follow up evaluations and project closure.
13. Completes field condition evaluations.
14. Provides project schedules, timetables, and modifications to project scope and change orders.
15. Manages all project subcontractors and installers, processes performance evaluations and feedback supporting business standards, quality, and reputation.
16. Communicates project details with accounting for progress billing, supports receivables collections, final billing and project closure and analysis.
17. Assist with production and or installation tasks in order to better understand back end operations and capabilities.
18. Manage special projects as directed by the Management.
Other Skills and Attributes:
Be able to manage your own time wisely. Hands-on attitude and forward thinking, decisive and timely can-do attitude.
Must have a dedication to detail. Must have an excellent knowledge of technology and materials, work under pressure and high managerial skills. Ability to independently work on large residential projects. High work ethic and self-motivation. Very good people skills. Able to achieve completion of project on-time & under budget, with eye for adds to projectís bottom line by adding value for company and client, by perceptive change order optioning. Project manager must be familiar with the AWI Architectural Woodwork Standards (AWS).
Benefits: PTO and Employer match on simple IRA after meeting requirements