Edgebanding with Laminate

For good adhesion, prime the laminate with contact cement before edgebanding. October 19, 2013

I am using a Holz-Her edge bander with Doris-25 adhesive cartridges to apply plastic laminate strips to IPB underlayment. I'm not getting good adhesion on the laminate. Any suggestions?

(Laminate and Solid Surfacing Forum)
From Contributor O:
Are you priming the laminate? We have found that to be a necessity.

What do you use? Jowat water base primer has been suggested.

From Contributor B:
We spray the backside of the laminate with solvent based contact cement and let it dry before sending it through the edgebander. It works well for us.

Thanks everyone. I'm using the spray for the laminate first and it really works. I will try the Doris next time as it saves another step.