Figured Maple Slab

Nice photo of an impressive Maple slab sawn from a 48-inch-diameter log. April 30, 2009

I thought you might like to see some wood I cut this spring

You are right I like the looks of that. What you going to do with it?

Nice wood! That'd make a heck of a tabletop.

That wood is already sold to a specialty furniture maker in Traverse City Michigan. It was cut from one of a set twin butt logs from the same stump - about a 48 inch diameter log. I still have the other one to cut up. It's curly to tiger all the way across the diameter. There are still a stack of slabs from the first log out back all stickered and covered up with rubber roof membrane on a skid.