Gluing Wood Edges to Granite Tops

The pros use epoxy. December 2, 2006

Question
Does anyone have any recommendations for gluing a wood edge to a granite top?

A good Polyurethane glue should work. I have seen our Visetite paste bond soapstone and granite, with a non-foaming glue line. I'm not sure I'd want to use a foaming polyurethane glue for that application. How much stress will be on this joint?

HiPURformer is way too fast for this application. Stick with what the granite guys use - epoxies. They know what they are doing. I don't know of any granite shop using the hipurformer. The other downside of the hipurformer system is that the kit costs $100, gun breaks easily, and once you open the $8 cartridge of glue you need to use it within a month or it will harden in the tube.