Hardware for a Flip-Down Door

What you need are "flap stays." November 29, 2014

Is it enough to hinge a very wide door (42 wide x 12" tall) with only Blum clips on the hinges? Would the door fly down if I used the soft close/self-close or does that matter? I guess if I used the 110 degree the door would stop there, but wouldn’t the hinges be wanting to pull out of there cup holes? Would I not want to use at least four hinges?

Two hinges should be ok but you need a flap stay.

Blum makes what they call the Aventos. They are like a garage door lift that will not slam shut and will stay up .We used it over a fridge and it worked fine. Check the rating of the unit to match the size door you are using and get the correct one.

I would need the Aventos HK to be upside down and I already checked with Blum. They only work in their normal rotation.

All you need are two "Duo" flap stays from Hafele. They ate inexpensive and work great for a flap door front. Two stays and your two hinges.