Holding Down The Spoilboard With Nylon Screws

Drill and countersink the screw holes. April 10, 2005

I picked up nylon screws. I read that they work well from a thread on here, but how exactly do I put them in?

If you don't already have threaded holes you can use, you will have to drill and tap them yourself. Make sure you use the machine to drill pilots for the holes so that you can use those hole locations in your program for sizing and machining of a new spoilboard.
I have a twin table configuration. For each table I have 7 screws, one row of 3 along the front, one row of three in the back and one screw in the middle of the table. I have zero warping problems regardless of relative humidity or temperature.