Home-Built Re-Saw Rig

Photo and discussion of a re-sawing bandsaw setup. September 14, 2006

Question
I am looking for a picture of a homemade re-saw set up on a Wood-Mizer mill.

I built one with slotted angle and some hold-down wheels like the ones on a push lawn mower. Here's a picture…

Is the point of using that type of resaw to help keep the boards flat, I guess?

I built this one for cutting lap siding for my cabin. I will cut boards 1 1/4 x 8, then put the resaw on and re-saw these at an angle where I will get two pieces of siding that will be approximately 1/4 at the top and approximately 1" at the bottom of the 8" board. Then notch the back side of the 1" so it will slide down over the 1/4" of the lower board. But I have used this re-saw to saw some approximately 1/2" thick boards out of some 2" thick boards. Nothing to do with trying to keep the boards flat, but if the boards were warped bad, I would not try to resaw them.

Thank you for the pictures. I will use this as a template to build one. Very much appreciated.