Mill Shed Show and Tell

Bandmill owners share photos of the shelters they have built for their saws. February 27, 2013

Has anyone built a cover (shed roof) over their mill?

This is what I built over my mill.

After a few years we added a blade and junk room onto the end of the present shed. There is also a porch in the plans for this spring to take breaks on. I used 24 foot bar joist on the front and back of cutting area to give me a large opening. I have cut lumber up to 26 feet long under it.

I timber framed mine - why not, that's what the saws for! 68' x14' plus 22' x 12' back offset and 7' bonnet. 22' bay- 24' bay- 22' bay. I never have enough room and need to add more custom sawed lumber storage.

Here's pic of my shed when I had the manual Wood-Mizer. I had a beam over the mill to help with the log turning.