Spiral Stair Kit Sources

Advice on shopping for a spiral staircase package. March 26, 2010

Question
I have been asked to do a spiral stair for a client. I have never installed a spiral stair before. I have installed stairs. Has anyone had luck with a manufactured kit, and how long does it take to install?

Duvinage has a decent metal kit. As far as wooden kits, we make our own. If you have never done one before, plan on all day, and maybe longer with odds and ends and trim.

Southern Staircase sells wooden and metal spirals. I agree that if you have never installed one, it can be complex and take awhile. Once you do it a couple times, it becomes easy.

Custom Iron is about the biggest and best I know of.

Smith Design builds and sell spiral stair kits. We do a complete package, or you can provide the balusters and newels. It consists of: treads, landing, column, hardware, handrail, balusters, and newels. All parts are ready for assembly. It will be designed and manufactured to fit your needs. We can use any species of material that your project requires. We have been providing Custom Iron with all of their wood handrails for many years.

Mylen Stairs has been in the spiral stair business for over 50 years. We also offer low-cost, economical spiral stairs designed specifically for builders.