Stainless Steel Cabinet Doors

Where do stainless steel cabinet doors come from? January 26, 2009

I have a client that wants a stainless steel kitchen. The cabinets don't have to be stainless but the doors, end gables, etc have to be. Has anyone had any experience in doing this? Should I use plywood doors wrapped in stainless? Are there suppliers in Canada? Using laminate is out of the question.

You can order stainless doors from Julien in Quebec City. There's a Custom shop in PEI that makes anything. Basically you're looking for a tin basher with a clean brake and good welding, and polishing skills. We've done them with wraps and laminated the back.

I've done a large number of stainless doors starting with an MDF core. The stainless was made to order and covers all the edges. It "wraps around" on three sides only, allowing for drilling cup hinges along one edge. The MDF was laminated with a stainless imitation Formica on what becomes the inside of the doors. The MDF core was slipped into place and glued with construction adhesive. The doors are quite heavy, but seem to hold up well. Sorry I don't have an image of an inside face, but here's one of a filing cabinet and the side of another unit.