The Ten-Cent Router Switch Repair

A woodworker fixes the variable-speed control dial on his DeWalt plunge router by sliding a dime under it. Go figure.January 3, 2012

Question
Sometimes in turns on, sometimes it does not - at the moment mostly not. I took the top off an blew out the switch with no results. I was thinking of just buying a new switch but would hate to spend $40 to find that is not the problem. When it does finally start it runs fine. It's not the plug. Any advice?

I would bet if it is like mine, it is the variable speed dial that is faulty. I fixed mine by sliding a dime under the rotating speed control from the outside. See if that works.