Traditional Double-Hung Window Plans

Here's a good source for drawings and instructions if you're looking to re-create a historic old double-hung window sash and frame (or just about any other old-time wood component). June 22, 2012

Question
I have an opportunity to build a traditional double hung window with pocket weights for counter balance. It is for a fire job and the homeowner does not want modern windows installed. Does anyone have a source for shop drawings for these windows? I'd hate to reinvent the wheel.

You can find what you are seeking (and more) in Modern Practical Joinery by George Ellis, a Victorian era tome reprinted by Linden Publishing available on Amazon.

Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for. Even found it as an ebook.

Why don't you get the damaged window and take it apart?

I had the same thought, but the firemen didn't save anything. I guess they were more interested in putting the fire out.