Wood Strength Specs for Norway Spruce

Looking for published engineering values for Norway Spruce. May 26, 2011

I'm trying to compare the strength specifications MOE/compression, etc. for Norway spruce (Picea abies) and Sitka spruce. I have the numbers for Sitka, but can't find them for Norway.

I got a private response with these numbers: I've added PSI conversion units.

"Found these values at WolframAlpha.com searching Norway spruce as a material.
compressive yield strength | 30 MPa (megapascals) , 4351psi
flexural modulus | 9100 MPa (megapascals), 1,319,843 psi (moe)
wood indentation hardness | 1500 N (newtons)
modulus of rupture | 60 MPa (megapascals) 8702psi
shear strength | 5.3 MPa (megapascals), 768psi
tensile strength | 84 MPa (megapascals), 12183psi
toughness | 19.6 J (joules), 14.5 ftlb"

From Professor Gene Wengert, Sawing and Drying Forum technical advisor:
The mechanical properties for most commercial species are given in Table 4 in the link below. They give two values - green and 12% MC. They give one table with metric and the second table with English units. They have red, black, white, Engelmann and Sitka, but not Norway. I would expect Norway to fit within these values.

The numbers above at times seem far out for some properties, especially compression, tensile and MOR. The MOE above seems fairly low compared to other spruces. So, I wonder about the reliability of the quoted numbers.

Wood Handbook