|Home » Forums » Professional Finishing » Message||Login|
You are not logged in. Consider these WOODWEB Member advantages:
Bar/ tough finish2/2
What is your favorite bar/area you need a good hard finish without using epoxy/thicker coating. I have been using conversion varnish and looking for more durable ideas. People always are concerned right away with the CV not to full strength yet when installed. Have been using SW and have tried Chemcraft. Chemcraft seams to take a little longer to achieve full strength then the SW. Any thoughts let me know. Thanks
2K Poly. As far as I have noticed 3 days is more than enough cure for strength and by then is no smell.
2k poly over a polyester sealer has never let me down, some brands have a 48 hr cure, some are closer to a week. But it always smells less than CV.
2k poly or 2k acrylic which is better for bar top?
if you dont want a slightly golden tint then use 2k acrylic.
Conversion varnishes achieve 80% of their cure after three days, the rest of the remaining 20% takes another 3 weeks. Precat lacquers, for example, take the full month to cure to any appreciable durability, but still not enough for a bar top (in my opinion).