working shop foreman
Listing #471553 Listed on: 04/21
|Listing Type:||Offering Employment|
|We are a High end Custom Cabinet and Millwork Company looking for an experienced craftsman to fill a position as a Shop Foreman.|
This is a Working Foreman position and duties performed include but are not limited to:
1) Maintain or oversee maintenance of the shopís equipment, including hand tools and machinery such as an Edge bander, CNC, shapers, Wide Belt sander etc.
Equipment maintenance might involve equipment inspection for damage or wear and cleaning and repair as needed. The shop foreman will confer with our owner and might contact an outside repair service if the maintenance canít be completed by staff. If new equipment is needed you will place the order request with the shop owner. You will also ensure that all equipment meets safety requirements and all safety training is performed and followed during the course of business. You will work with suppliers to maintain all shaper knives, saw blades, router bits and like equipment, keeping it properly maintained for peak performance.
2) Office related tasks include reviewing different documentation throughout the day including shop drawings, material invoices / shipping receipts, employee records, time sheets and equipment inspection or repair reports. Additionally, the shop foreman coordinates material ordering with the owner to complete a project, or shop supplies, as needed. You will also be responsible for maintaining inventory of all hardware used in production.
3) As the manager of the shop you will train new employees or manage their training. You will match employees with specific tasks based on their skill or expertise, create work schedules and update workers about schedule changes and deadlines. Additionally, you will explain how to complete tasks as needed Ė demonstrating proper techniques if required and working alongside employees as needed. You will make certain workers know safety and security rules; supervise workers; and handle emergencies that arise.
4) Occasionally you may deal directly with clients and help with the completion of projects. You will review project specs and shop drawings prior to handing off work to employees. You will often perform labor, such as product manufacturing or vehicle maintenance, alongside employees. When issues arise you are expected to help resolve them quickly to get production moving and meet deadlines. Once a project is scheduled for delivery you will oversee the loading of trucks ensuring timely delivery and that all installers are properly prepared to begin installation.
5) You will oversee our finishing shop to ensure deadlines are met.
6) You are responsible for Quality Control of all products, reviewing it for accuracy, completeness and quality prior to shipment.
Qualified applicants should have at least 5 years experience in running a Custom woodworking shop.
You are expected to be a journeyman cabinetmaker and must be able to demonstrate a good understanding of custom woodwork including construction of Face Frame Flush inset and Frameless Full overlay cabinetry. You must know how to build Cabinet Doors, Drawer boxes (including dovetailed), custom millwork and shaper setup, radiused and complex angled cabinetry, laminate cabinetry and countertops, Corian countertops and custom finishing of the cabinets.
This is a full time, long term position and pay rate is based on experience and leadership ability.