2D Shots of 3D Objects

When you have a three-dimensional CAD object and you need a two-dimensional version, you have several options. January 21, 2010

I have 3D AutoCAD drawings I need to convert to 2D line drawings either in Inventor or AutoCAD. Help!

(CAD Forum)
Are you asking for someone to do this for you or do you just need to know how itís done? In AutoCAD you can use the flatten command and the Z will set to 0, making it a 2D. There are some issues with this and could be a pain depending on how it was drawn.

I received a drawing done in 3D solid and I need to make it into a 2D line drawing. Thanks.

Don't use flatten command - it distorts and brings the drawing out of proportion. There is a "SOLPROF" command that you need to use to extract elevations and "SECTION" command to generate plan and vertical sections. See AutoCAD help on these topics.

Or you can use the menu to execute the command.

My preferred command for this is called flatshot. Simply get the view you want in model space, type flatshot, and it will create a 2D block of what you see on the screen that you can explode to modify, or not.