AutoCAD 2010 Snap Move Minimums

An obscure setting in AutoCAD allows you to make very short object moves. September 1, 2010

Question
I just got upgraded to AutoCAD 2010 and I have come across one issue that has me puzzled. When using the "From" snap (accessed by shift-right click) AutoCAD will not recognize any value less than 1.5. That is, when I move an object I first select the object to move, then enter, then select base point, then shift-right click and select "From" and then select my second base point and drag the object away from the second base point and key in a value. If the value I key in is greater than 1.5 then it works but if the value is less then it assumes a value of 0 and the first base point snaps to the second base point with no offset. I've talked to half a dozen or so other AutoCAD users in our company and no one else seems to have this issue. Any ideas?

(CAD Forum)
Check your snap spacing setting or just shut off snap and grid and see if that solves the problem.

My snap and grid are turned off. I did just find that the minimum value is relative to how far I am zoomed in. I can key in very small numbers if I am zoomed in very close. I also found that the minimum length of a line that I draw is dependent on how close I am zoomed in.

This sounds odd, but it may help. Under options on the "user preferences "tab, in the section "Priority for Coordinate entry", make sure "keyboard entry" is checked, and not "keyboard entry except for scripts". I have seen AutoCAD act that way because of that setting.

To contributor C: I just tried that and it seems to be working so far.

Glad to hear it. Itís one of those really odd "this can't be related to that" system settings. It took me about a week to figure it out the first time I ran across it.