Circle Jigs for Routers

Ideas and photos for router setups for cutting circles of various sizes. August 31, 2010

Question
Where can we get a good quality/durable circle cutting jig? The router should mount on one end, and the other should have holes for screws to screw into a board at various radius distances.

Use a length of 1x stock and a bushing. Drill a hole in the 1x so the bushing fits snuggly and the router bit fits inside the bushing, and there you go. Just screw the other end through the 1x at the desired radius + or - the bit dimensions.

Jasper Model #300 circle cutting attachment.

There's certain things in the shop I just can't pay for. This is one of them. I have several, with the longest one made in 2 parts being able to radius about 14'. Store bought versions I've seen look pretty small, though size obviously depends on your needs. I knock them out as needed, usually out of 1/4" acrylic.

We just replaced ours with a CNC, but are not prepared to throw them out yet. They are made from 1/4" Plexiglas. You can see though them to the work surface. They have a T-slot in them down the middle with a piece of aluminum with a hole in it. You position the hole at the diameter/radius you desire and tighten a thumb screw. They have served us for years!