Contact Cement for PVC Edge Banding

You have brush, roller, and spray can options. March 13, 2009

Question
Usually I get edge banding with the hot melt glue on it and then iron it on. On the job that I am working on now, I don't have a source for the HM type and have gotten a PVC banding. It will be applied to a melamine covered particle board substrate. What is my best bet for glue, and contact cement? Since I am not set up to spray CS and don't want to buy a system to do this one job (I usually use plywood and real wood edging), what are my options? From what I know I can use a roller to apply the CS any other ways of doing this? And what brand/type of CS (or other) would you recommend for this (type of) application.

(Laminate and Solid Surfacing Forum)
There are a couple ways to do this. A small roller and brush grade contact cement. Or you could use the peel and stick edge from Fast Cap.

A couple of cans of 3M Fastbond 90 spray contact should do. We have a big E.B. - but just did a job with metal mica. We did not want to glue it on through the machine but it stuck really well with this.

Sounds like an idea contributor T. Where is the most likely place to get some of this? I'd like to try for a local store before an internet store.

Big Orange or Blue box store, autobody supply - (headliner/trim). Good paint and hardware stores.