Corner Sink Cabinet Sizing

Corner sinks introduce some awkward space trade-offs. February 17, 2012

Question
I am designing a base corner sink cabinet and need advice. So far I decided to use a 42" base to fit a 33" sink. I am not sure what size the upper corner cabinet should be and how far to place the DW from the corner sink. I have provided an Autocad drawing to help understand the floor plan.

I just completed one very similar to this. I tried to make the sink cabinet 42x42 span on each side and it doesn't give enough room for a 33'' sink (can't remember what measurement that made the front come out to be). I ended up making mine 48x48 and if I remember right it made my face frame come out to 36'' which is what I try to stick with. As far as a wall cabinet above it - it would have to be huge to be able to reach it. I don't know what to tell you about that. I wouldn't put the dish washer beside the sink because it doesn't give much room to stand at the sink when the dishwasher lid is down. A trash can pull-out between the two would be perfect, in my opinion.

The dishwasher door will be behind the personís legs at the sink if you do this too close.

Thanks for the input. It all seemed simple when an architect drew the floor plan but it is getting more complicated. I have to re-think this. Maybe put a single 21" in a normal 36 cabinet and place a small sink to the side for vegetables. We looked at corner sinks and they don't seem to have the space to place a large pot in them.