DH kiln operation

A resource for DH kiln operation. 1998.

by Professor Gene Wengert

I am looking for reference materials for my kiln operators. We are operating DH Kilns. I believe that I once saw a DH kiln manual that you had published. If so where might I get a copy? Any other recommendations on literature would be appreciated.

I cover DH operation in DRYING OAK LUMBER (available from UW-Madison). There is also another DH publication I have written, but it does not cover operation. The kiln schedules for DH are another report.

Professor Gene Wengert is Extension Specialist in Wood Processing at the Department of Forestry, University of Wisconsin-Madison.

Click on Wood Doctor Archives to peruse past answers.

If you would like to obtain a copy of "The Wood Doctor's Rx", visit the Wood Education and Resource Center Web site for more information.