Door Ideas for Wide-Screen TV Cabinets

Examples of bi-fold and tri-fold doors give an idea of looks that work. December 14, 2009

Question
What are the options for pocket doors on a wide screen TV cabinet (52")? Is there a bi-fold option? Is there a general consensus on the best way to handle these?

You will have to bi-fold them if you don't want them hanging way out past the front of the cabinet after they are slid back.

Here is a picture of some tri-folds I did in the past. I can't remember the TV size but the ET center was 10ft I think. I wish I could find a picture with the doors closed, but you can see the 3 sections of the doors folded and tucked.

I usually tell customers that styles have changed and that TVs are not covered by doors like they used to be. The shallow depth and larger sizes just do not work well with pocket doors.

Here's a pic with the doors closed. When I was bidding this thing, everyone I talked with told me don't do tri-folds; bi-folds maybe, and just let them hang out a few inches. You give the customers whatever they think they want in this economy.

I've done quite a few pieces with bi-folding pocket doors. They work well, and are not difficult to do. Use heavy duty pocket slides and magnetic latches to keep the doors closed.