Glasses, Beards, and Breathing Protection

A half-mask or helmet and hood respirator is the way to go if you can't get a good seal from a regular mask. August 21, 2006

I can't seem to find a full face respirator for use with finishing vapors that will seal around the ear piece on a pair of glasses. Help!

(Dust Collection and Safety Equipment Forum)
I believe you only have two choices: put prescription lenses in the mask or go to and look at 3M's half face mask that allows you to wear glasses.

More than two choices, actually. Aside from getting prescription lens inserts for your mask or getting a half mask, you could get a hood or helmet type respirator. They are fairly pricey compared to an APR, but a PAPR or SAR with hood or helmet is the way to go for those of us who can't achieve a proper face to mask seal due to glasses, beards, or whatever else may come into play. A positive pressure hood or helmet also has the added benefit of removing the requirement for an annual fit test.

I wear glasses and have a beard, so a standard APR won't work. I use 3M's GVP PAPR system with a L901 helmet and after having used it for a year now, would never go back to a tight fitting mask, even if the glasses and beard weren't an issue.