Hardware for Spice-Rack Pull-Outs

Slide choices for spice racks. March 26, 2008

Question
What are most of you using for hardware for large vertical spice tray rollouts? Most of the hardware that I am seeing is bottom mount and has no disconnect, making it difficult to ever get the rollout out if needed, because the cabinet is usually narrow and tall.

Side mount KV-8400 full extension slides work well and have a button to release the pullout (two piece slide). They are rated at 100 lbs. load. You can also add a slide, laying it on the top of the pullout attached to the top of the opening. If this is a pullout that is about 3 feet tall or better, I'd install the top slide.

In frameless work, you can use Zargen slides, as Bob Buckley shows over at the True32 forum.

We use the Revashelf pre-made spice racks with full extension slides. They are much more affordable than making them in house.

I use the same as contributor R. I've never had a problem getting the rack out once the cabinet is installed. They look great and in my opinion are cheaper in the long run.