Replacing the Monitor on a CNC Router

Used monitors are easy to find these days, and the changeout is not difficult. May 14, 2006

I need to replace the monitor on a Biesse Rover 346 (1997). Does anyone know where I can buy small monitors or flat panel monitors for CNC machines - 9"-11" wide by 8" high screen size?

I am not sure about your machine, but I have a Rover 23 which uses a standard VGA PC monitor. Harbinger Cabinet lists a 7" which may suit your needs.

I am in the process of commissioning a Rover 346. I've discarded the existing monitor and cradle and replaced this with a 15" ACER LCD monitor. I cut the plastic face panel to accommodate the rear of the monitor and mount the monitor in the hole using adhesive silicone. The result is a monitor with better resolution that also looks better than the original.

My only concern with this is that the monitor has little or no protection from flying debris, falling objects, operators, etc. I still suggest replacing the existing monitor with one that will bolt inside the cabinet.

I actually found a local used electronics store and bought a monitor for a few bucks. I guess now that flat panel monitors have taken over, there seems to be a flood of good regular monitors for our application. I had to remove the existing Biesse screen and make a plexiglass window. It's working fine and the operator likes it better than the original.