Rubbing Out Overspray

Abrasive material choices for polishing a rough finish. April 30, 2006

We shot units with an air assisted airless gun. We used ML Campbell Magnalac for finish. Assuming I shot 4 mil, how can I remove the overspray and get a silky smooth finish like the rest of the units. How should I finish entire unit polish, wax?

From contributor A :
I like to use the gray abrasive pads for satiny sheens and follow with the white pads for a higher polish. I use one of the little plastic handles to hold the pads and sometimes double them up to get thicker pads. I can get the white pads in thicker sizes from Lowe's where they carry them for floor polishing. Anyone know where I could get the gray pads in thicker sizes too? I have also used polishing compounds but the wet route is so much slower that it is only really good in critical applications on small areas, such as touch ups.

Try a 3M product called Trizac. It is very costly but works great. Buy one or two to try out, don t let the price scare you. These disks will last a long time, and you will lose it before you wear it out.

Believe it or not, rubbing overspray with a piece of brown paper bag works.

Merker has Abranet, Abralon system which should work well. Typically overspray is a non-issue with A.A.

Triple 0 steel wool is what i use.