Sanding Inspection Lighting Ideas

Quick thoughts on lamp choices and construction for a shop-rigged inspection light at the sanding table. July 15, 2011

Question
What type of bulbs work the best for sanding inspection lights? I would like to make a couple units.

90W Sylvania Capsylite.

Ultraviolet lamp would be the best choice. It helps to check residual glue where parts jointed and other defects on surface of white wood parts effectively.

The lights that I mentioned are to view the work horizontally.

I have experimented with this and found the flood style of bulbs work best. I use a combination of flood and spot. Keeping the light at the right height and directed across the surface is critical. Here is setup made from an old vanity light.