Storing and Displaying Large Slabs

Vertical racks let one sawyer keep his slabs available for viewing. May 21, 2009

Question
I own a 17' tall warehouse space I would like to use as a showroom for specialty slabs. One wall spans 50'. I'm looking for designs for storing and displaying slabs and utilizing as much height as possible.

I rigged some 2 1/2" pipe to stick out perpendicular to the wall 7' high and 3' apart. I then stand my slabs on end and can tilt any one out and look at it and or remove it without having to unstack the pile (because the one wanted will always be on the bottom of any stack).