Surfacing a Spoil Board with Enroute

Little adjustments help you hit the edges. June 17, 2010

Question
Iím new to the software and I would like to make a file to do my spoil board with EnRoute. My table is 4x8 and I have a bit that is two inches. To plane the table I have tried to do a hatch fill but when itís almost done it does a pass around the table.When it does that it hits the limits. Is there a better way? What am I doing wrong?

(CAD Forum)
It sounds like your limit switches are very close to maximum size of the table. In EnRoute on my Flexicam CNC the table is actually 62" x 125" (approx) and I run my hatch fill to surface the spoilboard at 63" x 126". This way I machine a little off of each edge and do not leave the little arc areas in each corner that do not get machined. Hatch is the fastest way to toolpath a spoilboard cleanup in EnRoute but it sounds more like a machine issue than an EnRoute one. How far can you jog the tool past the edge of your table without reaching the limit switches? Have you talked to tech support for the machine manufacturer? I had a lot of help learning EnRoute from people on this Website and I am would be happy to return the favor now that I am fairly proficient.

We've come across the same issue here with EnRoute. The best fix I've found is to compensate by making the rectangle smaller that you are defining your hatch pattern with. You can go a little smaller and adjust from there by measuring what you still need to remove and adjusting the size of the rectangle.