Touch-Up and Refinishing Classes

Where to get instruction that can improve your touch-up skills. November 5, 2013

Question
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good touch-up and re-finishing classes and who you would recommend?

From Contributor R:
Nothing beats practice, and then more practice. You might look into a Mohawk class or try and find some videos. How is your eye for colors? If you need to tune it up, a color wheel would be helpful. Touch up can be a challenge, I wish you the best.

From Contributor G

Click to View Member Profile Shop Gallery Project Gallery Categories

Mohawk has classes for touchup and repair for wood and leather.

I am pretty good at what I do, but I by no means think that I know it all and I am always looking to get better.

From Contributor V:
The National Institute of Wood Finishing has a nine month diploma program which includes classes on touch up and refinishing. You can sign up for the entire nine month program or individual classes. The Instructor Mitch Kohanek also teaches condensed versions of some of the classes at the Marc Adams School of Woodworking. As a graduate of the nine month program at the NIWF I highly recommend Mitch as an Instructor, extremely knowledgeable as a well as a gifted teacher.

I always wanted to attend the Mohawk class but never had the time so I sent an employee to the three day class when it was in our area. The money it cost me to send him came back tenfold in the time he saved us by fixing blemishes, scratches, damage, etc. As a plus for him he was able to start a decent off-hours side business doing repairs and touch-ups for a large corporate client.