Tulip (Yellow Poplar) Color Fade

A large slab of Tulip, freshly sawn, shows some striking and dramatic coloration. But what will happen over time? October 26, 2011

Question
I am hoping to find someone with some experience with yellow poplar. I have recently acquired a large tulip tree and have cut it into some large slabs. The slabs show some incredible color. I have heard that the color fades. How much color can I expect to have left after kiln drying these slabs? Below is a photo of one of the slabs. The slabs are 40 inches wide 3.5 inches think 7.5 feet long.

The darker colors will stay dark and the sapwood will darken a bit to a honey color based on exposure to light. The color can be restored by planing a bit off the face.

Black will probably stay black and the purple will over a couple years fade to dark brown.